Cookies are small data files which are downloaded to your device when you visit our website. Cookies may gather information about your use of the website or may enable us to recognise you as an existing customer when you return to our website at a later date. Cookies allow us to recognise your device. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
You do not have to accept (all of) our cookies. However, if cookies are disabled or removed, not all features of our website will operate as intended. For example, you may not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences and some of our pages may not display properly. You can find more information on how to disable and/or delete cookies in section 4 below.
What types of cookies are used?
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
Also, we use first party cookies and third party cookies. First party cookies are Elia’s cookies. Third party cookies are cookies that are set by websites that belong to a domain that is different from the domain that is displayed in the browser address bar when you visit an Elia website.
In addition, we also make use of third-party requests which are calls that are made on outside servers in order to display content coming from other applications or websites (ex. Twitter widget). Even though those applications do not install any cookie, they may still collect information on the visitor via parameters.
We use the following cookies:
- strictly necessary cookies – cookies that are essential in order to enable you to move around our website and use its features;
- analytical / performance cookies – cookies that collect information about how you use our website, for example which webpages/features you go to most often. These cookies allow us to improve how the website works;
- functionality cookies – cookies that allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal or customized features;
- targeting cookies – cookies that are used to deliver content that are more relevant to you and your interests, based on an analysis of your browsing.
List of cookies used on this website
The following list categorises and describes the various cookies used on this website and the purposes for which they are used.
Google Analytics([_ga, _gat, _utma, _utmt, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz and _utmv]) and Google Tag Manager ([_dc_gtm_])
- Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use this website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve this website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including information on the number of visitors to this website, from where visitors came to this website and the pages they visited.
- Cookie owner: third party
- Cookie type: analytics / performance cookie
- Purpose: The __biz cookie is used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis.
- Cookie owner: third party
- Cookie type: security/performance cookie
- Information: If a visitor is in a coffee shop where there may be several infected machines, but the specific visitor’s machine is trusted (for example, because they completed a challenge within your Challenge Passage period), the cookie allows Cloudflare to identify that client and not challenge them again. It does not correspond to any user ID in your web application, and does not store any personally identifiable information. These cookies can not be turned off.
Cookie configuration settings
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en;
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies and http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11-win-7;
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies and https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored;
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042